We wanted to post on this members’ news blog - which we’ve not used in a while - to reaffirm some of the updates that Kate mentioned in her Facebook Live video earlier this week.
1. We’re super excited that we have two eager beaver clients who have just started their level 2 fitness coaching certification, and should be ready to be welcomed into the team as part-time coaches towards the end of October! There’ll be a few nerves at first, but it’s just a matter of getting ‘plenty of reps in’, and before long, coaching feels like driving a car!
2. Nathan has taken an opportunity at another gym, to pursue his long-term passion of rehabilitation training (which is what his background is). He’ll be sorely missed, but is a great opportunity for him to do what he’s most passionate about, and he’ll still be around all of September, so make sure you stick your head into his cupboard and wish him luck!
3. We’re also looking to announce one and hopefully two, more experienced new coaches in the near future - watch this space!!!
4. There’s been a lot of conversatons internally around wellbeing - we’re actually called Innovate Fitness & Wellbeing!
Working in fitness is ‘working unsociable hours’ - and it’s accepted as part of the gig. However, for a long time, it’s been quite a stretch on evenings, to ALWAYS ensure we have sufficient coverage, purely because of evenings where we run concurrent sessions. It requires 8 evenings a week of coaches being available, and for a small team, it’s always been tough.
Clients don’t see this - they just see us ‘showing up’ and delivering. But when someone’s off sick or hols, it puts an enourmous strain on the team.
With that in mind, we’re moving a few of the sessions around on the gym timetable - not taking anything away - just moving it, so that only one Coach per evening needs to be present. Please check things out from w/c 5th September.
5. Xmas - sorry to mention this but Gemma is an xmas addict. And we have two things to mention on this.
Firstly, save the date! The xmas do will be Saturday 3rd December. More info to follow, but please do pop it in the diary, it's always fun and a great way to get to know other members without their lycra on!
And secondly, our annual 'Crimbo Countdown' challenge will take place end of October / start of November. It's a free members- challenge that's LOADS of fun - with daily tasks / mini challenges to do - that range from something simple and healthy to something obscene and funny! Watch this space too!
6. Lastly, for those of you with kids - they're going back soon, yay!
And that conicides perfectly, with some of our 'freshened up' programming - Kate's spent a lot of time rejigging various bits, and we've already had some feedback about them being more varied, more fun, more challening.....and a few more aches and DOMS!
Thanks for reading. As ever, please send any queries direcrtly to the Client Care inbox:)
Chris and the Innovate Team