IMPORTANT GYM REOPENING NEWS
We wanted to put some comms out around the next stage of gym reopening.
Our current intentions are:
1) The team are removing the pods on Sunday
2) The team are going to eat pizza whilst removing the pods on Sunday
3) Our initial programming will consist of 2 main formats:
a) ‘invisible pods’ - essentially the same set up now for things like MetaPump sessions, but without the tape on the floor
b) Circuit format - groups of 5 or 6 in stations around the gym
4) The huge gym door open to ensure ventilation that’s almost equal to that of being stood in an open field.
We have measured the air quality previously with our carbon dioxide monitor ( as recommended by Jon Van Tam!) and will do so again).
5) Sanitisation of equipment and sanitising options around the gym for anyone who wishes to use it during a workout.
(I think/hope everyone is aware by now thet the whole ‘surface transmission’ thing is such low, low risk in any environment according to the science)
6) We intend to have fixed formats on fixed days.
Monday = StrongWoman
Tuesday = MetaPump
etc etc (those are examples, not decisions).
This serves two purposes:
1) it enables us to put the themes back on GTU without the 5 hours of admin a month having to manually change theme because our sessions themes changed every week
2) it will be easy to see which themes are ‘invisible pods’ days, and which are circuit days
We’re waiting on any updates from CIMPSA (one the leisure and fitness bodies who are usually first to get specific details from government changes), but it’s expected that just like in general society, certain elements are recommended, but not legislated.
In reality the only changes in our own intial ‘next steps’ is the move for half our sessions a week to be circuit format, which will be small groups of people (4-6) working near each other - but certainly not right in each other’s faces!
One of the other benefits, which might sound a bit ‘cheeky’, but is true - is that because of our typical demographic, 95% of our clientele will have been offered their second jab by now too, which also helps.
As ever, if and when any further guidance changes, we’ll make further decisions accordingly.
FB GROUP RE-CAP
CLICK HERE for VERY exciting news re: Yoga (hint: it's going to be included as part of your membership!)
CLICK HERE for Ruth's 'running' success story
CLICK HERE for Lisa's Total Warrior success story
CLICK HERE for Debbie's Total Warrior success story
CLICK HERE for our article on how to choose the right weight for your workouts
1) CLICK HERE for July gym workout doc
2) CLICK HERE for the July online workout doc
3) CLICK HERE to refer a friend to us for a free two weeks
4) CLICK HERE if you want to purchase a nutrition kickstart bolt-on, (next 28 day kickstart begins Monday 19th July)